Submitted by Sue
This quick and very easy panackelty recipe makes a filling and tasty meal for 4 people. It’s not expensive either. A traditional frugal dish. We find keeping a tin of corned beef in the cupboard for this recipe helps for those end of week meals when running low on everything else bar a few vegetables.
Ingredients for Panackelty Recipe:
- One tin corned beef, sliced
- One large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Three large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Two large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- Two oxo cubes dissolved in 3/4 pint of water
Method for Making Panackelty:
- Layer the onions, corned beef, carrots and potatoes in an oven proof casserole dish, finishing with a top layer of potatoes.
- Pour over the oxo stock.
- Cook in the oven, gas mark 5, 190°C for an hour to an hour and a quarter, until the potatoes are cooked.
Tasty and filling. Serve with green vegetables, broccoli, or maybe even a salad on warmer evenings.