Recipe for 1 gallon of a medium Rhubarb Wine.
Rhubarb Wine Recipe
- 5 lb rhubarb
- Campden tablets
- 3 lb sugar
- ½ pint strong tea
- Wine yeast
- Wipe the rhubarb sticks and chop into small chunks. Crush with a rolling pin, avoiding losing any juice.
- Put into a fermenting bin and pour on 5 pints of cold water. Add 1 campden tablet, crushed and dissolved in a little warm water.
- Cover and leave for 3 or 4 days, stirring a couple of times a day.
- Strain and press the rhubarb dry and return to a clean fermenting bin.
- Boil the sugar in 2 pints of water for 3 minutes and, when cool, mix into the pulp.
- Add the tea, yeast and nutrient and cover. Allow to ferment for another 4 days, stirring daily.
- Pour carefully into a gallon jar, leaving as much deposit behind as possible.
- Fill up the jar with cooled, boiled water to where the neck begins.
- Fit a fementation lock and leave until fermentation has finished.
- Rack, as necessary, and add 1 Campden tablet after the first racking.
- Syphon into bottles.
Makes 1 gallon of wine.
Don't forget to check these winemaking pages:
For campden tablets, Pectolase and all wine making supplies & equipment we suggest
looking at Home Brew Online
More Wine Making Recipes
Recipe for a medium sweet Raspberry Wine where the fruit is partially "stewed". Makes 1 gallon.
A delicate, medium-sweet, light table wine.
Recipe for 1 gallon of either a dry or medium Beetroot Wine.
Use the lower amount of sugar for dry and the higher for medium.
A dry wine, similar to a "Beaujolais" wine, easy to make from free hedgerow ingredients.