Submitted by titch
This is so cheap, is simple, tastes fab – enough for 3 -4 people
4 or five large potatoes (more if for more people)
1 large onion (or more to taste)
1 pint chicken or veg stock made from stock cube of choice and boiling water
optional – half a swede
black pepper – optional
- Peel (or not) the potatoes, and slice thinly ish!
- The same with onions and swede.
- Put layer of potatoes, to cover bottom of dish, then some onion, then some swede, then potato, onion, swede – a little black pepper every once in a while is nice, and continue in this way to the top of the dish.
- Pour over stock (add more if needed, it should not cover the potatoes).
- Put on lid or foil cover and bake in a moderate oven around 180 deg or equivalent for around 1 hour, then remove lid.
- Dot top with butter/margarine/olive oil and let bake again for around 1/2 hour.
A meal in itself, very tasty but could be a veg accompaniment.