- 2 lb (900 g) potatoes
- 2 lb scrag or neck of lamb
- 2 large onions
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pint lamb stock or water
- Chopped parsley
- Pre- heat the oven to Gas Mark 2.
- Wipe and tim the meat of surplus fat and cut into largish chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and slice the vegetables and put alternate layers of meat and vegetables into a casserole.
- Pour in the stock or water and cover.
- Cook in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinke with chopped parsley before serving.
Makes 4 good portions.