- 4 kidneys
- Fat/Oil for frying
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 onions
- Wine or vinegar
- Skin the kidneys, slit lengthways and remove the white tendons. Scald with hot water briefly and then cut into strips.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Brown the kidney strips very quickly in very hot fat/oil and add the sliced onion.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle finely with flour.
- Add as much water as you want for sauce, cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and white wine or vinegar until the sweet and sour effect is to your taste.
This dish must be cooked as quickly as possible and for the shortest time practical to avoid the kidneys going hard. Nice with some plain, long grain, rice.