- 8 oz (225 g) streaky or back bacon
- 1 420 g tin of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs – sliced
- ¼ pint tomato juice or vegetable stock
- 2 oz (56 g) margarine or butter
- 2 oz (56 g) soft breadcrumbs
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp.
- Put into a pie dish with the baked beans, the sliced hard boiled eggs and the liquid.
- Add the margarine or butter to any bacon fat remaining in the frying pan, toss the breadcrumbs in this for a few minutes and then press over the top of the bean mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes towards the top of the oven at Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C).
Nice garnished with some sliced tomatoes and served with chunky chipped or scalloped potatoes.