- 1 rabbit
- 8 oz (225 g) salt pork or fat bacon
- 1 teaspoonful chopped parsley
- Grated lemon rind
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ pint stock or water
- 9 oz (253 g) rough puff pastry
- Prepare and cut the rabbit into joints.
- Cut the pork or bacon into dice.
- Put alternative layers of rabiit and the pork mixed with the parsely, lemon juice and seasoning into a casserole. Pour in the stock.
- Cook in a pre-heated low oven at Gas Mark 2 (300°F/150°C) for about 2 hours until the rabbit is tender.
- When cold, transfer to a pie dish, cover with rough puff pastry and bake in a pre-heated hot oven at Gas Mark 7 (425°F/220°C) for about 45 minutes.
Serve with vegetables of your choice.