- 9 oz rough puff pastry
- 6 oz cooked steak mince
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- A little gravy or stock
- Salt and pepper
- Make the rough puff pasty and roll out thinly. Cut into rounds using a 3″ pastry cutter.
- Season the cooked steak mince, season well and moisten with a little gravy or stock. Add the chopped parsley. You can also add some lightly fried onions at this stage if you want.
- Put half of the rounds of pastry on a baking tray which has been rinsed with cold water and put a teaspoonful of the meat mixture into the centre of each. Moisten the edges.
- Cover each patty with the remaining rounds of pastry and seal the edges well.
- Make a small hole with a skewer in the top of each patty and then brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at Gas Mark 7 (425°F/220°C) for about 20 minutes until nicely browned.
Can be served hot or cold. Makes about 15 patties.