- 1 lb fine minced beef
- 2 rashers of bacon
- 1 onion
- 6 oz white breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Parsley for garnish
- Remove the rind from the bacon of chop finely.
- Peel and chop the onion and add to the meat with the chopped bacon, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Bind with beaten egg, adding a little stock if necessary.
- Decorate a greased oblong tin with slices of hard boiled egg.
- Press the meat muixture into the tin without disturbing the decoration and cover with greased paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at Gas Mark 6 (440°F/200°C) for about 1¼ hours until the meat is cooked.
- When the loaf is cold, turn out and garnish with parsley.
Serve sliced with salad.