- 6 oz fleur pastry (minus the sugar)
- 4 lamb’s kidneys
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons full or semi-skimmed milk
- 2 oz mature cheddar cheese
- Make the pastry and use it to line a 7″ flan ring.
- Remove the skin and core from the kidneys and cut into thinnish strips. Trim the bacon and cut into strips.
- Fry the bacon in a fan and then life out and fry the kidney.
- Put te kidney in the flan case and sprinkle over with the fried bacon.
- Slice the tomatoes and lay on top of the bacon. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Beat the eggs and add the milk. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the flan.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C) for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.