- 12 oz penne (pasta)
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes
- 1 oz butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 oz streaky bacon
- 2 or 3 chilli peppers
- 2 oz grated mature cheddar
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling, salted water, until just tender.
- Drop the tomatoes into boiling water and then skin. Chop up roughly
- Peel and chop the onion, finely dice the peppers (watch your eyes), peel and crush the garlic. Heat the butter in a pan and lightly fry together. Chop the bacon and add to the pan and continue frying for a minute or two.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking, adding about half of the cheese.
- Drain the penne and turn into a hot serving dish.
- Stir the sauce into the penne and serve.
- Put the remaining grated cheese into a bowl and pass around to be added on top.