- 12 oz spaghetti
- 4 oz streaky bacon (preferably smoked)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling, salted water, until just tender.
- De-rind and cut the bacon into thin strips. Put the oil into a large pan and fry the bacon lightly. Put the pan to one side but keep it hot.
- Beat the eggs yolks in a bowl, add the cream, half of the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Return the pan with the bacon in to a low ring. Drain the spaghetti, stir rapidly into the pan with the oil and bacon.
- Remove from the heat and immediately tip over the egg and cheese mix and toss together.
- Do not heat after the egg mix has been added.
- Serve immediately passing around the remainder of the cheese.