- 12 oz macaroni
- 1 very large aubergine or 2 medium
- 12 oz tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ pint plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the macaroni is a large pan of salted boiling water until tender. Drain well.
- Slice the aubergine into thin slices. Put onto a plate and sprinkle with salt. Leave for at lease 30 minutes and then wash and drain well.
- Slice the tomatoes. Peel and finely chop the onion, peel and crush the garlic and combined the two in a small bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 5 (190°C/375°F).
- Grease an ovenproof dish.
- First put a layer of aubergine, then tomato, then macaroni and sprinkle with the onion and garlic mix. Continue to layer until the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of overlapping aubergine slices.
- Spread the yogurt over the top and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes until the aubergine is cooked and the top is golden brown.