- 1 large onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 lb courgettes (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb lamb’s liver (sliced)
- 1 lb tomatoes (skinned and put through a blender)
- Grease a casserole. Separate the slices of onions into rings and put them on the bottom of the casserole.
- Put the slices of courgettes on top of the onions. Sprinkle with the chopped thyme and salt and pepper.
- Arrange the sliced liver on top and sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato juice over the top.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°).
- Cover the casserole and put into the oven for about 45 minutes or until the liver and vegetables are cooked.
Serves 4 – Cheap and simple. Nice with some mashed potatoes.