Ingredients for Savoury Meat Loaf:
- 1 lb minced beef
- 2 oz bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion
- Small can peeled tomatoes (mashed) or ½ lb fresh (peeled, chopped and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- Few drops tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon worcester sauce
- 1 large egg
Method for Savoury Meat Loaf:
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (350°F/180°C).
- Brown the minced beef in a frying pan and then drain off the fat and put into a mixing bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Peel, finely chop and saute the onion in the frying pan in a little butter and then add the tomatoes, tomato puree and seasoning. Mash together and then add the egg. Stir well.
- Add the contents of the frying pan to the minced beef and bread crumbs and mix together firmly.
- Put the mixture into a lightly greased 1 lb loaf tin and cook for about 1 hour.
Serves 4 – Goes well with Homemade Tomato Sauce. Freezes well, but is better if sliced into portions first.