Ingredients for Bacon & Egg Pie:
- 12 oz short crust pastry
- 12 oz bacon (streaky or back)
- 4 or 5 eggs (depending on size)
- Salt and pepper
Method for Bacon & Egg Pie:
- Roll out half of the pastry and use to line an 8″ pie dish.
- Chop the bacon rashers finely and put over the pastry. If you like your bacon crispy, you can fry it first for a few minutes.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, beat and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the bacon.
- Roll out the other half of the pastry and use to cover the egg/bacon. Seal the edges and flute with the back of a fork. If there are any pieces of pastry left over, use these to make decorative shapes and seal these onto the top with a little water or milk.
- Brush the top with beaten egg and bake in the centre of a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 6 (400°F/200°C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serves 4. Goes well with green beans and peas or butter greens.