Submitted by Karen
A simple cake recipe. Ingredients can easily be doubled/tripled depending on your cake tin and family size.
Ingredients for Hoffie Cake:
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g sugar – half demerara works well
- 150g butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 2tsp honey
- 1tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1tsp crystallised ginger
Method for Hoffie Cake:
- Cream together the butter/margarine and sugar;
- Mix in the egg and sieve in the flour;
- Bake the cake at 180 until a pick comes out clean;
- Pour 2 teaspoons of honey over the top when still warm sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Put a few crystallised ginger on the top if you have some on it.
It really does not matter if it sinks a bit; in a way this is good as it tastes much nicer slightly under cooked. Eat with cream or ice cream or just as it comes.