Submitted by JulieP
Serves 3/4 people (or 2 if very, very hungary)
1 pack thick sausage
3 or 4 large potatoes
2 large onions
Garlic (optional again – I use 3 cloves)
3/4 pint vegetable Stock
1 teaspoon Marmite (optional – I know many HATE it)
Smear of butter or oil
- Butter a casserole dish.
- Slice (thinly) potatoes and line bottom of dish with them.
- Slice onions and mushrooms (if using) and crush garlic.
- Fry onions on a low heat until soft and just turning brown, add garlic and mushroom and gently fry for a while longer, then add everything on top of potatoes.
- Gently fry the sausages until brown all the way round, but not cooked through.
- Mix stock cube (or homemade stock- need to be hot) with marmite (if using) and poor over mixture, add pepper to taste.
- Put sausage on top, pop a lid (or foil) on and put in the oven for 1 hour – Gas 6 or equivalent.
Eat with crusty bread.