- 4 lambs kidneys
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 oz butter
- 4 thick slices of bread
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish.
- Remove the skin from the kidneys, cut in half and remove the core. Season with salt and pepper.
- Peel the cucumber, if necessary, and slice rather thickly – 16 slices will be needed all together.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add gradually add the slices of bread and fry them until brown. Keep warm.
- Season the cucumber slices with salt and pepper and put under the grill. Grill until hot but not brown.
- Put 4 slices of each slice of bread.
- Grill the kidneys, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Put two halves of kidney on top of the cucumber on each slice of bread.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.