This bacon pot roast can be made simply in either a pressure cooker or slow cooker. The pressure cooker is great if you need a meal fast, and this recipe is full of flavour.
Delicious served with a root veg mash or spring greens. This will serve 6-8 people and is perfect to make for a dinner party or large family meal.
Ingredients for Bacon Pot Roast:
- 3 lb unsmoked bacon collar joint
- 1 lb carrots (quartered lengthways)
- 2 medium onions (peeled and quartered)
- 2 tablespoons Worcester sauce
- 1½ lbs potatoes (peeled)
Method for Bacon Pot Roast:
- Remove the trivet and cover the joint with cold water and bring slowly to the boil in the open cooker.
- Throw the water away, place the trivet into the cooker and put the joint onto it. Pour ¾ pint of fresh water on top of it.
- Add the carrots, onions and Worcester sauce.
- Bring to high pressure and cook for 30 minutes. Reduce pressure with cold water.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters, place around the bacon in the stock. Return to high pressure and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Reduce the pressure again with cold water, remove the rind from the bacon and serve with the vegetables and cooking stock.
Serves 6 to 8.