This is a delicious family-friendly one-pot meal. Easy to make, frugal, and very tasty.
Ingredients for Spiced Belly Pork:
- 4 oz red kidney beans
- 1 lb lean belly pork
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 leek (trimmed, washed and sliced into 1 inch lengths)
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 large onion (peeled and cut into 8 pieces)
- 3 carrots (peeled and quartered)
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ pint ham or chicken stock
- 8 oz green beans (diced)
- 1 lb potatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
Method for Spiced Belly Pork:
- Cover the kidney beans with boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes. Replace with fresh water and bring back to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the rind and any bone from the belly pork and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker with the trivet removed, add the belly pork and cook gently to extract some of the fat.
- Add the leeks, onion, carrots, spices, flour and stock along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the kidney beans and stir them in to mix with the flour.
- Bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce pressure with cold water. Stir the casserole and put the trivet in place.
- Put the potatoes and green beans in the perforated separators and add a little seasoning.
- Return to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce pressure with cold water and serve.