One sure fire way of cutting electricity costs is not having kids
around! Discipline and routine are the key words for keeping your bills
down enabling you to either live more within your means or generally
saving money which could be better spent elsewhere.
The Best Electricity Deal
Search around for the best deals and get what's best for your needs, not
theirs! Energyhelpline.com help
customers save money on their gas & electricity,
home phone and heating insurance through a price comparison service. The
service is only available for UK residents.
The service is free
of charge, impartial, independent and is certified by Energywatch the regulatory
Many people swear by paying bills with direct debit. For fixed amounts
ie car insurance etc., this may be good. With electricity this can be both
good and bad. You may find that you are paying too much and have to wait
until the end of the stated year before you get an adjustment or refund
or pay too little and have a nasty shock at the end of it.
Remember, if the energy supplier owes you, they're gaining interest
out of the money they 'have banked' in your name. Check your bills.
Cutting Your Electricity Bill Tips
- Always switch lights off when leaving a room and please use energy saving
- Don't leave TV's and other entertainment electricals on standby (Up to
26% of your electricity is used this way)
- Always buy the best energy efficient kitchen appliances
- Use a kettle to boil water to put in a saucepan for cooking. It'll take
a lot less time than an electric stove.
- Always keep the lid on the pan
when simmering or boiling water on the stove.
- Use microwaves for the smaller cooking jobs, they use less than half the
electricity of a normal stove
- Regularly defrost your refrigerator or freezer and avoid opening the door