Minced Beef Rissoles Recipe
Ingredients for Minced Beef Rissoles :
- 6 oz short crust pastry
- ½ lb cooked minced meat
- 1 small onion
- 1 oz flour
- ¼ pint stock
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Egg and breadcrumbs
Method for Minced Beef Rissoles :
- Make the short crust pastry, roll it out and cut into round with a pastry cutter.
- Melt the fat in a pan and fry the chopped onion. Remove from the pan and add to the cooked minced meat.
- Add the flour to the pan, blend well with the fat and cook a minute or two.
- Pour in the stock slowly, stirring all the time. Bring to the boil and cook for a minute or two.
- Season well and add the chopped parsley.
- Add enough of this sauce to the minced meat and fried onion to make a stiffish mixture. Allow to cool.
- Put a spoonful of the meat mixture onto each round of pastry.
- Dampen the edges and draw up to the centre. Seal well.
- Dip in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot fat until nicely browned.
- Drain well on kitchen roll.