Submitted by Poolfield2
This recipe is VERY variable depending on what I have a glut of. It is a great way to use up odds and ends of vegetables lying around the fridge and store cupboard.
Ingredients for Roast Vegetables:
- 4 large onions peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 sweet peppers (any colour) cut into chunks
- 4 courgettes cut into chunks
- 12 tomatoes cut into quarters
- 6-8 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Marigold stock powder
- either 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs chopped or 2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs
To this can be added up to 500g of any assortment of root veg (cut small) but it is best to boil them for 5 mins first so they cook quickly, may need a little extra oil to coat everything.
Method for Roast Vegetables:
- Stir together spread on 2 large oven trays and cook in hot oven for about 30 mins until veg is just charring at edges.
- Freeze in small portions, it can be used as a filling for jacket potatoes, pizza topping, as base for a pasta sauce, great with hummus, to pad out a stir fry, soup base………..etc