Banana bread recipe:
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 300g self-raising flour
- 150g soft unsalted butter
- 150g demerara sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 80g dried chopped fruit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
How to Make Banana Bread
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius (gas mark 4).
- Mix the butter and sugar together and then stir in the bananas and the dried fruit.
- Add one of the eggs and sieve in half of the flour then add the second egg and the remaining flour and lemon juice.
- Try to get air into the mix by using a fork and stirring in a figure of eight shape.
- Now add the olive oil and mix again in the same way.
- Poor the mix into a greased baking dish for 60 minutes and test it is cooked by piercing with a fork and checking the fork is removed clean from the cake.
I love banana bread just as it is, but it is also delicious spread with home made jam.