These are the latest fantastic home made chutney recipes from the authors of the best selling Easy Jams, Chutneys & Preserves on the allotment garden web site. The links will open in a new window and take you directly to them.
Chutneys are a great accompaniment with many dishes as well as curries. They really became popular in Victorian times and the name is derived from the Hindi “chatni”
Don’t forget that well made chutney makes a fantastic and frugal Christmas gift. Something that they’d never be able to buy in the shops
The scope of chutneys is endless and the combinations and permutations can be varied according to personal taste and the ingredients available. They can be sweet, sour, hot or mild and the range of ingredients is almost unlimited as well. They can be made from fruits or vegetables, or a mixture of the two.
With home made chutney you don’t have to be fussy about the quality or cosmetic appearance of the fruits and vegetables. Because the ingredients are going to be chopped, cooked, mixed with spices, vinegar and other ingredients and often reduced to a smooth pulp, it doesn’t matter what they look like. Misshapen or damaged fruits can be used.
Home Made Chutney Recipes
Home Made Preserves
- Home Made Fruit Curd, Fruit Cheeses, Fruit Butters
- Home Made Jelly Recipes – How to Make Jelly Preserves
- Home Made Marmalade Recipes – How to Make Marmalade
- Home Made Chutney Recipes – Make Great Chutney
- Home Made Pickle Recipes – How to Make Great Pickles at Home
- Easy to Make Flavoured Oils & Spiced Vinegar Recipes
- Home Made Relish Recipes – How to Make Relishes
- Home Made Jam Recipes – How to Make Jam at Home
- Home Made Sauce Recipes & Home Made Ketchup Recipes