These are the latest home made ketchup recipes and sauce recipes from the authors of the best selling Easy Jams, Chutneys & Preserves on the allotment garden web site. The links will open in a new window and take you directly to them.
Our ketchup was an import from China and the far east although the tomato ketchup that you find in every kitchen was more an American invention. It’s amazing how global influences created our cuisine before anyone had heard the word globalisation
There’s hardly a kitchen in the country where you won’t find a bottle of tomato ketchup, especially if there are children in the house. You can get children to eat nearly anything with enough ketchup on it!
However, a lot of parents feel guilty about it, the shop bought tomato ketchup is quite sweet so it must contain a fair amount of sugar. Making your own puts you in control of the sugar and you can vary the recipe to make more adult versions if you wish.
Home Made Sauce Recipes & Ketchup Recipes
Home Made Preserves
- Home Made Fruit Curd, Fruit Cheeses, Fruit Butters
- Home Made Jelly Recipes – How to Make Jelly Preserves
- Home Made Marmalade Recipes – How to Make Marmalade
- Home Made Chutney Recipes – Make Great Chutney
- Home Made Pickle Recipes – How to Make Great Pickles at Home
- Easy to Make Flavoured Oils & Spiced Vinegar Recipes
- Home Made Relish Recipes – How to Make Relishes
- Home Made Jam Recipes – How to Make Jam at Home
- Home Made Sauce Recipes & Home Made Ketchup Recipes